Thursday 26 April 2012

3KCBWDAY4 - Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, Day 4 - The Seasons


Now: the question posed by @eskimimi for today's blog entry is an easy peasy one - Do the seasons affect your knitting?

This picture says it all. In fact, I had a rather embarrassingly large cache of, er, pictures of hot water bottle covers which I could have chosen from. They're great to knit: good gifts, quite quick and really nice to use. I use the fantastic Aran pattern by Rachael Herron on Yarn-a-go-go, among others. The one above is pretty much my own pattern - I wanted to learn how to do the Fair Isle kind of patterns so I drew it out.

Anyway: in winter, yes, I want to knit wrist warmers and mug huggers while drinking red wine in front of the fire. I like browsing through the Aran and chunky patterns for big cosy jumpers and those over-sized Rowan jackets. However, I've never really liked knitting with cotton so, in Summer, I'm still knitting those big jumpers, just very slowly!

Now - off to sample some real ale!

No comments:

Post a Comment