Tuesday 24 April 2012

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2012 Day 2: Photography Challenge! 3KCBWDAY2


Now, clearly my creative brain needs exercise. I loved the Lego picture @eskimimi, but have gone for a symbolic shot here - my aim is to show what knitting and crochet respresent to me at the moment! The mug shows the social, fun aspect, as it was a birthday present from a friend at Stitch 'n' Bitch, and the sparkly crochet hook  - in fact being used as a spoon - was a present too, from a lovely Prym set of many coloured glittery hooks. This reminds me of all the present-giving that these past-times have led to. Taking this picture, I remembered that TS Eliot line, "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons" and am wondering if you can measure out your life in crochet hooks or knitting needles! There is something so nice about being at home, drinking a nice coffee and making something - so perhaps measuring your life in crochet hooks or knitting needles would be a more pleasant standard than coffee spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment